Over the next four years, we will:
● Invest in Community Transport schemes to help reinstate bus services that the Tories have cut.
● Invest at least £25 million a year in improving our roads and pavements.
● Ask local District Councils to take on the Highway planning aspects of all relevant planning applications.
● Fix potholes carefully, as they are reported, with a target of 28 days maximum and with care taken to repair other potholes close by.
● Ask Local Authorities to take on Rights of Way, and streamline the Rights of Way planning system with more public involvement.
● Continue to work with local councils to reduce the impact of winter weather.
● Work with our contractors to implement more flexible ways of working, to improve repairs and gully maintenance.