Over the next four years, we will:
- Use your Council Tax carefully to ensure we get the best value for money for local people.
- Help our Local Authority partners in Somerset to build more affordable homes for local families on the waiting lists.
- Encourage the generation of income from our remaining “Good” services at County Hall in providing services for other parts of the South West.
- Cut waste at County Hall and free up a further £10 million for front line services.
- Encourage innovation and the generation of income to supplement the Council Tax Revenue.
- We will restore the services for children and adults in our care, and prioritise the preventative services.
- Work towards a more "joined up" local government, working with District, Town and Parish Council partners to provide more efficient services across Somerset.