Over the next four years, we will:
- Encourage investment in renewable energy, supporting wind turbines, hydro-electricity, solar panels, and other forms of renewable energy.
- Support tidal energy, lagoons and hydro power generation from natural resources.
- Enable everyone to recycle all forms of waste.
- Work with our local and national partners to reduce flooding in the County, and extract the money promised by the Government to help protect our communities.
- Encourage the export of water from Somerset to the South East of England.
- Investigate and implement "quiet lanes" designations.
- Protect all that is special about rural Somerset and making Somerset an outstanding tourism destination.
- Oppose "fracking" throughout Somerset.