Over the next four years, we will:
- Create and enable 15,000 new jobs and over 4,000 apprenticeships.
- Work to obtain funding from Government to dual the A303 and A358.
- Maximise the benefit of Hinkley Point to Somerset, by bringing further inward investment and prosperity to the County, and prepare for the chaos that will come from the largest construction site in Europe.
- Seek grants from Europe, whilst we still can.
- Support the roll-out of Superfast Broadband across the whole of Somerset.
- Make Somerset a hub for innovation and hi-tech business.
- Stop sales of the County Farms and reinvest in the County estate.
- Encourage cycling and walking with better pavements and cycle ways.