Over the next four years, we will:
- Make Somerset Children Services an attractive place to work. We will recruit first class permanent staff and fill the grotesque 40% vacancy rate. We will drastically reduce the number of agency staff delivering services to our children.
- Bring our children back into the County for foster care, working with our wonderful foster carers in Somerset. The Tory programme of spending huge sums on Agency foster carers and out of county placements is completely unacceptable.
- Develop aspirational care plans for all our ‘looked after’ children to enable them to reach their full potential.
- Invest in Child Mental Health Services and Youth Services.
- Strengthen the support services for schools to ensure they remain competitive and the first choice for parents.
- Help our schools to deliver better Key Stage, GCSE and A Level results and work with our colleges to set up a University of Somerset.