Over the next four years, we will:
- Find new and innovative ways of delivering services. We will play our full part working with our partners in healthcare, private providers, other local authorities and in the community to ensure the most vulnerable people in Somerset are helped to lead independent lives for as long as possible, with appropriate support when it is needed.
- Create community networks through a targeted grants programme, helping voluntary groups to make a real difference locally.
- Recognise the serious impact that mental health issues have on individuals, families and communities.
- Invest in sports facilities and encourage healthy living.
- Encourage everyone to get fit and healthy.
- Help build robust and vibrant communities working with the NHS, local government, care providers and voluntary groups.